Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shu Uemura Brightening Cleansing Oil (Dammit!)


Ugh! I swear, it never fails that Avyanka or Alicia will post about something that I was just about to get to! Thanks Avyanka.(If you could see me I'm sticking my tongue out at you.)
Anyway, I bought Shu Uemura's Brightening Cleansing Oil about 2 weeks ago, and I've just been waiting to see what the results were before I wrote about it. I can say first hand that I really like the oil cleanser. I consider myself to have oily skin, so I was a bit apprehensive about rubbing any extra grease on my face, but it rinses very clean, leaving your skin soft. It is also excellent at removing makeup, especially mascara. Removing my eyeliner is always a bitch though and it continues to be that way.
So there are about 10 different cleansing oils, with varying ingredients that you can choose for your skin type. I chose this brightening one because it was supposed to remove any dark spots (like from a fading blemish) and brighten dull skin. I have noticed nothing of the sort, but that is not to say this is not a good product, I just think I would try a different formulation when I buy it again. Probably the pink one which is made for oily skin.

Final say, It's a keeper just for its basics. Removes makeup, moisturizes, leaves skin soft and clears pores. It's the "extras" I'm unsure of. Also, your hands and face have to be completely dry when you apply it, which is more annoying than it sounds. Trust me.

No comments: