Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mean Green Cleaning Solutions.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I'm not much of a resolution maker, but it is important to always aim to be a better version of oneself. Not only year by year but day by day.

I am relatively late to the environmental protection party, and I am by no means the "The Queen Of Green" but I do believe that every little bit helps. If I can make a difference in the world by doing something as simple as telling the guy at my local deli that "No, I really don't need a bag for a pack of gum." you better believe I'm going to do it.

With that said, be aware of how damaging many household detergents and cleansers are to the environment. Every time you scrub the sink or do a load of laundry, you are sending all of those toxins down the drain and into the water.
Or, if saving the world doesn't do it for you, think about saving yourself. That fresh clean laundry smell (which is my personal favorite smell BTW) isn't ocean breeze, it's the smell of a possible endocrinology issue starting. Yes, many household cleansers contain ingredients known to cause reproductive, and/or endocrine issues, as well as cancer.

So for the New Year I'll be trying a few new cleaning methods out. I've heard good things about Nellie's Laundry Nuggets. (Why is the word nugget so funny?)


Available at NelliesAllNatural.com
36 Loads for $9.99
60 Loads $14.99.


Or maybe saving money is a better incentive for you, try these $ savers around the house.

You can use vinegar or club soda in a spray bottle in place of glass cleaners

Baking Soda can be used in place of your scrubbing products. Mix it with vinegar, lemon juice, or my personal fave, Dr. Bronners All Natural Soap to make a good scrubby paste.



Dr. Bronners can also be used for dishwashing, laundry detergent, and various other household and body cleansing. Stock up at DrBronner.com, buying on the website is way cheaper than what I see in stores.

For '09, don't just toast to health, do something about it!

No comments: