Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Amazing Feat Of D.I.Y.







Yes, yes, I know...these Christian Louboutin for Rodarte shoes are not new. But they are frickin' amazing! I can't even refer to them with a word as banal as "shoes" they shall henceforth be known as KILLERS! Moving on...

So anyway, I remember the intense buzz when these KILLERS! came out. Would I have liked a pair? Sure! Unfortunately, limited was not the word for them, and as anyone who knows me can tell you I am DONE,(trying to be done) DONE, I tell you, with these wallet busting heels that I cant walk in and never wear.
I don't want to just sit in my apartment and stare at them longingly, I want to wear them out, so other people can stare at them longingly! amiright?!

And so I'd put these KILLERS! out of my mind until today, when checking out the blog Chic Steals I came across one of the most amazing and inspiring acts of D.I.Y.
Click the above link for full instructions, and check out the before and after pics below!



Start with

Some materials

Viola!


Very cool! I'm feeling so crafts inspired right now I'll have to sit on my hands to prevent myself from ruining everything I own! Must. Begin. When. Prepared.
Or we could just cop the ones on Ebay...what's a little $10,000!!!!!! You'll spot me right?

No comments: