Monday, December 29, 2008

Who The Heck Is Lady Gaga?


Christina Aguilera

Lady Gaga

Christina Aguilera

Lady Gaga


I've been hearing the name for a few months now, probably since Aug/Sep whenever the MTV awards were. Christina Aguilera did her thing on the "Genie In A Bottle 2.0" performance, but all you heard about the next day was how much of her new look she stole from Lady Gaga. Personally, I hate that look. That blunt bang on a platinum blond just rubs me the wrong way, so as far as I was concerned if she had stolen the look she should hurry up and give that shit back, ASAP!

Judging from the pictures above there may be some truth to that story. However, I'm a firm believer that there is very little new under the sun. Everything was influenced by something else, and there is nothing wrong with that. Ideally, artists would sprinkle a touch of originality and ingenuity on their work, but kids today think originality is some kind of plague or ancient torture device. Either that, or Xerox is the new original, I don't know.

Anyway, now this Lady Gaga person has hit #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 with her song "Just Dance" and I still don't know who she is! The top 5 includes Beyonce, T.I. feat Rihanna, Kanye, Britney...and this Lady Gaga is hanging with the big boys!

I'm going to listen to her song now, then we "Cawfee Tawk"



*sigh* Good news first: Under the auto-tune she sounds like she may have a very nice voice.
Bad news: I couldn't even get through the song, it was just weak. This particular tune, I'm sure will not grow on me, because I didn't like HER. She actually reminds me more of an Aubrey O'Day type...her moves and lyrics just say skeezer to me. Why would I want to go out and dance to a song about being a drunk yamp.
Sorry Lady Gaga, thumbs down.

No comments: