Monday, July 28, 2008

Song of the Moment

Here is a song I’m feeling @ the moment. I am not a huge fan of Lil Wayne’s however; I am currently in love with this track “Comfortable” off of his new album The Carter III. The song features Babyface, and in addition to me liking the track, I thought it would be a nice segue into my next topic. The song talks about not getting too comfortable in your relationships. The last post I did was about a friend of mine going through a dry spell. I am following it up with this to give women/men who are in a committed relationship a gentle reminder that even longstanding relationships need work.

The song pulls some of it’s inspiration from Beyonce’s hit song Irreplaceable. Although we thrive on believing that we are inimitable and matchless unfortunately, as HOV said “I try to pretend that I’m different but in the end were all the same” the latter holds true for all of us. I say this to relay that if you don’t stay on your job, and keep igniting the spark that initially brought you and your partner together then the flame is going to eventually die out. AND TRUST!, there is always a wingman/woman scheming trying to play ur position. Therefore, don’t take each other for granted, because you might end up realizing the importance of that person in your life when it’s too late. So here it is for your listening pleasure:

Comfortable by Lil Wayne feat. Babyface

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Alicia, I have to agree with you on this post. When Weezy says "Feeling Irreplaceable listening to Beyonce, well okay I'll put you out on your B'day" That means that chicks need to know that you can always be replaced. Don't get shit twisted. So for all the ladies out there that think your the bomb and that you got that Good Good Shit.. remember there's always somebody out there with something better.

Believe me... I've sampled a few.

Signed by a True Player