Friday, October 22, 2010

Outfit Re-creation

I absolutely love the new look of drapes that is currently coming down the runways. From Lanvin, Roland Mouret to Givenchy. I really think that if done well they can be quite breathtaking. From skirts to dresses and the like. Draping is not for every body type, so it may not necessarily look great on everyone, but in my humble opinion (IMHO) if you have a little height and a great pair of legs it might just work for you.

Last month I came across a photo in People Magazine of the fabulous Dree Hemingway that prompted me to do an look inspired by her. Not one to shy away from a challenge I was on the hunt for the perfect draped skirt.

After searching I finally found the perfect look that I thought was a great marriage between my personal style and the look that Dree wore.

Here is Dree out at an event:

(Click on Pics to Enlarge)

(American Apparel shirt, Unknown Skirt and bag, Christian Louboutin heels)

This is me heading out to work this week:


(Dress from Asos, Shoes from Steve Madden, Belt Oscar de la Renta, Mulberry Bag, and Aviators)

P.S. - I recently found out that Dree made this skirt herself. What a great job! If you like the skirt it may be worth your while to try recreating it on your own. A great Do it yourself (DIY) project. Some Grey Marley Jersey fabric, needle and thread; possibly a few pins might just do the trick.

No comments: