Thursday, October 21, 2010

Brandy Opens Up About Her Dry Spell. *Cough Cough Cobwebs Cough*


On last weeks episode of Dancing With The Stars R&B singer Brandy revealed that she had not been "intimate" with a man in 6 years.
Life And Style magazine jumped right on that quote and followed up with an interview where Brandy explained further.

"I haven't been with a man seriously and in love in six years. And, honestly, I tend to abstain if I'm not in a relationship." Brandy admitted she hasn't been celibate all that time, but... "It's been a long time. We're talking years."


I'm all for remaining celibate when not in a committed relationship, but I'm thinking if it's taking you so many years to find someone you feel comfortable being intimate with there may be bigger problems afoot here. Perhaps a fear of repeating past skanky mistakes? Or maybe it's a matter of unrealistic expectations?

If she's telling the truth, I do respect her decisions. She is a mother after all, and this means not just choosing a mate who is compatible with you, but with your children also. However, I do believe that if you are someone who would like a relationship, and are unable to find anyone suitable for years on end, that it may be best to look within. Self evaluation is necessary from time to time.

No comments: