Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sparkle *** during the day


I am so happy that sequins have become an acceptable form of dress for daytime. I can now give a few pieces in my closet maximum exposure.

(Rodarte dress)
This week I wore a sequined dress to work and was very happy with the way I paired it. Sequins can be tricky! If you are unsure of how to make this look work for you I have prepared a few tips on ways you can accessorize by toning down and offsetting the glitzy glam of sequined clothing.

(Rodarte dress, boots by Steven, Mulberry bag, aviators, random belt)

I am wearing thigh high boots in this photo. This item is yet another piece that has become a more acceptable staple during the daytime, especially in NY with our brutally cold winters. Thankfully they have outlived and risen above the shame of the character that Julia Roberts portrayed in "Pretty Woman".

My office is a little more laid back with their dress code which is why I took the liberty of pairing them with this outfit. In a more conservative environment I would have paired my outfit with booties or pumps. I may have also worn a black blazer and tights. With the denim jacket I wanted to break up the all black monotony. See pics below for the alternate option I just described.
(Zara Blazer, Jeffrey Campbell booties)

No comments: