Monday, August 4, 2008

Alicia Needs To Get Out Of My Head.

Alicia and I are having similar thoughts today!
I was recently thinking about doing a post about Solange and why it's so difficult for her to find her space in the entertainment industry. She IS a bit different, with her getting married and knocked up at 18, then divorcing shortly thereafter. Beyonce would never, because she's a man-made machine. (have you seen her perform?) And I just watched the video Alicia posted and Solange said FUCK! ooohhh, I would pay good money to hear Beyonce say fuck, but I don't think its in her programming.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Solange's work thus far, and I decided Part 1 is no exception. It gets some play on "urban stations and networks" but personally, I find it boring. So I was watching The N the other day, (yeah I watch Degrassi and what?) and they played I Decided part 2. Wow! what a difference a track makes! I think if Part 2 got they airtime that Part 1 does, she might actually have something. I'm not sure which version Alicia was referring to liking, but I'll post both here so everyone can make thier decisions.
PART 1

PART 2

No comments: