Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Guess who's tryna' "Make a Comeback"


It's the lovely Cassie, she made a brief entrance and a rapid exit. Now she's trying to get back on the scene. As someone who appreciates beauty, and gives recognition when it’s due I have to admit that she’s easy on the eyes. With that said, I wish I could extend the compliment even further, and say that her voice is easy on the ears but sadly I can’t. After her first disastrous LP, she’s back again with a vengeance. She wants to clear her name and confirm that she can really sing, and also explain that her previous glass cracking renditions were a result of her singing in fear. Well, I truly hope she doesn’t get scared again, my ears wouldn’t be able to take it:)

Here are a few excerpts from her interview with Complex Magazine:


On singing the National Anthem:

Cassie: “People used to give Ashanti a lot of sh**, and I saw her do the national anthem and kill it. I was like, maybe that’s something that I need to do to show people- I was afraid of the microphone, and the stage, but I’m not anymore. I would definitely do something like that.”

On the rumors spread on the Internet:

Cassie: “I love it. I do. It’s ammunition. I used to be really offended by it. It didn’t motivate me before, I didn’t get that concept. I get it now. At this point, the ridiculousness of the Internet and the things that people say… it’s funny. I’ve been pregnant three times by way of bloggers. I’ve never been pregnant in my life. I wish they would name their sources so I know who they are.”

On the harshest thing that’s ever been said about her:
Cassie: “She’s fu**ked for checks. I don’t fu** for checks- I’d rather live on the street.”

On her second album not coming out when it was scheduled to:

Cassie: “Based on the past and how my last album came out, I really need to come back much, much stronger. I wanted to have more personality. Before, I had tracks delivered to me; you pick and you chose and there’s no personality behind it; no body knows who you are. I really want to tell a story when I’m doing a song. Vocally, either you like my voice or you don’t. I’m not trying to blow like Mariah, back when she was doing that.”

Okay Cassie, so now were taking shots? I’ll let Avy (huge Mariah fan) take care of that one:) Personally, I think she should stick to modeling. I wish her the best of luck though.

Head over to Complex Magazine to read the full interview, and to view the rest of the photos.

2 comments:

Avyanka said...

It's not even appealing to hear that a non-singer like Cassie took a shot at Mariah. Bad PR move boo, you can say a lot of things about Mariah, but at least the woman can sing! But as they say any publicity is good publicity.
Now I do think Cassie is very pretty and I actually think some of her songs are catchy; but she is in no position to critique the vocal ability of MC, who even on her worst day can blow her [Cassie] and the vast majority of these young female R&B singers out the park.
Team Mariah - I'm having my t-shirt made ASAP! LOL
:p

Anonymous said...

Told you guys.. I'd let Avy deal with her... LMAO

Right on sister.