Thursday, September 4, 2008

More Sophisticated Substitutes!



Ugh...

Okay, I have to be honest with you guys. One of my biggest pet peeves is the type of dressing that is depicted in the pictures above. I absolutely detest seeing people in gorgeous outfits then taking a look @ their feet and seeing the way in which they've destroyed a perfectly good ensemble. Take the first two pictures for instance, I am constantly reminded of this at work or en route to work. I see people on the train and in the streets with perfectly good outfits on, then they destroy it by wearing sneakers. I am all about comfort, but I'd prefer to look comfortably stylish as opposed to being apart of the "Fashion Gone Wrong Crowd. " Sneakers can easily be replaced with chic flats that provide ease without taking away from your outfit.
The young lady in the third picture is donning one my least favorite things, those darn rubber slippers/flip flops. They are such an eye sore. They do nothing for the outfit, they make funny noises and they just look all wrong. IMO, they are only fit to be worn in the house or to the pool. There are several flat sandals that can be worn which are more fashionable and undoubtedly deliver the same level of comfort. You guys are probably thinking I'm insane maybe so, but to be frank, I'm just passionate about the idea of trying to maintain your look all day. We try to do just that with our makeup, why not do it with our clothing?
Granted, heels begin to take a toll after a while, so what I do and what I'm suggesting is to purchase several nice pairs of flats in neutral colors... i.e. (black, gray, beige) then bring a fitting pair along to change into after a long day of work/play. This way your outfit still looks pulled together, minus the slight discomfort that you may have begun experiencing in your heels.

Here are a few flats that I recommend:



Sam EdelmanSam EdelmanAlex Marie "Tempo"Gianni Bini "Ginger"Old NavyASOS Shoes
ASOS Shoes(if you are into the gladiator look)

I think that all of these are better than sneakers and rubber flip flops...don't you agree... side eye* for the gladiator sandals but if that's your thing, then hey! You can find these shoes at Asos, Oldnavy, and Lord and Taylor. If you have any trouble let me know.

Smooches

No comments: