Sunday, September 21, 2008

Loewe Amazona





I know some of you are deeply into having things that your neighbor knows nothing about, and can't even pronounce. So I'm figuring these may be the perfect bags for you to spend your hard earned cash on.

Loewe Amazona is a brand name rich in history, over the course of it's 150+ years of existence it has been helmed by fashion legends Karl Lagerfeld, Giorgio Armani and Narciso Rodriguez. Loewe has been the official supplier to the Spanish royal crown since 1905, today, it is owned by LVMH, and Stuart Vevers, formerly of Bottega Venetta and Givenchy has taken over as creative director.
Mr. Vevers has been turning out some serious arm candy since joining the company last January, I love the 2nd and 3rd bags above. I'm even digging the dark tinted clear one, and I don't ordinarily go for plastic bags. Added bonus, the logo is not ostentatious especially coming from monogram murderers LVMH. It kind of reminds me of the "Auryn", the magical symbol from the cover of the NeverEnding Story, which makes it even cooler to me because I am a total dork.

Anyway, even with all that history these bags are still hard to come by in America. Take a trip to Spain, Italy, or Japan to get your hands on one, or at least get a friend over there. Not happening for you? Call LVMH and tell them you have money to burn, they may be so kind as to hand you a match.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love that purple bag!

Never Ending Story was one of my fave movies when I was a kid!!! :)