Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Notes On A Scandal.



Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin revealed yesterday that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant - a disclosure made by John McCain's campaign in an effort to stop what it called "out of control" Internet rumors that Palin's youngest child actually was conceived by her daughter and that the Alaska governor faked her pregnancy to cover that up.
- Boston Globe

Methinks McCain's sad attempt to woo the idiotic Clintons for McCain contingency (oh yes, they're out there.) may have been a bit too hasty. Consider that McCain had only met the woman once, and that she is even more "inexperienced" based on her time in office, than they claim Obama is.
As a woman, I'd like to say that I'm excited to be living in a time when, no matter the outcome of the election, history will be made. Either an African American or a woman will be holding office in the white house. This is something many people never thought they'd live to see, and all of a sudden it's happening! But Sarah Palin certainly isn't moving me, and I cant vote with my vagina, can I?

Obama's statement on the Palin situation-
"Let me be a clear as possible: I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor, or her potential performance as a vice president.


"And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and, you know, teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off limits."

Classy. And it is important to note that one third of American women get pregnant by age 20. We have the largest number of teenage pregnancies for any industrialized nation. Ladies, we have a lot of living to do! Accomplish some things before having a child, because your child is (or should be) your life! You cant focus on yourself anymore once you have one of those lil crumbsnatchers. And when youre thinking "aww cute baby" remember episiotomy, so lets all take a few years to be greedy and selfish and buy expensive shoes, shall we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said! What a classy move by Mr. Obama, he could have easily went the other route but he took the high road. I don't know about you all but, that's the type of person I want as my president.

Jessie said...

Great post! I totally agree with what Obama said. He is very classy!

Rhetro Zenberg said...

Impressive bikini, but I won't be voting for the A side or the B side of the dark side