Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Morning Inspiration..."A Lion's Tale"

Sony Pictures aims to bring the story of Christian and the two men, John Rendall and Anthony "Ace" Bourke, to the big screen.

The studio is in the process of securing the life-story rights of Rendall and Bourke and their 1972 book, "A Lion Called Christian."

One of the most-viewed YouTube videos of the reunion features Whitney Houston belting out "I Will Always Love You" in the background to footage from a 1971 documentary about the two men visiting Christian a year after they sent him to Africa to be reintroduced into the wild.

The men are unsure whether Christian will recognize them, and the lion approaches them slowly at first. Christian then rushes toward them and affectionately "hugs" them — provoking tears from nearly everyone who views the video.

That last statement is definitely true because I was practically bawling when I saw this video. I love happy endings, don't you? Anyway,
Here is the video of "Christian the Lion" reuniting in Africa with the two men who bought him from "Harrods" a high-end London department store in 1969.

3 comments:

Kamilah said...

I've seen this video posted elsewhere, and never bothered watching it till now.
I tried watching it stone faced, I really did, and you know how icy cold my heart is. But that ending GOT me yo!

Alicia said...

LMAO... yeah it was really nice... So this is what we need to do to get you all teary eyed boo? :)

Avyanka said...

SMH!