Friday, October 10, 2008

Beyonce X Essence + 2 New Songs!


Beyonce is on the cover of the new Essence Magazine, where she discusses her new album, 2 new movies, and FINALLY breaks her silence about her relationship with Jay-Z.

"What Jay and I have is real. It's not about interviews or getting the right photo op. It's real," the singer, 27, tells Essence magazine in its November issue.

Notoriously tight-lipped about her relationship with the hip-hop mogul, Beyoncé does share a little about her wedding day, but only after groaning, "You're gonna get me in trouble."

Beyoncé tells the magazine she didn't want an engagement ring because, "People put too much emphasis on that," she says. "It's just material and it's just silly to me."

Instead, the magazine reports, she wears a band on her ring finger over a tattoo of the Roman numeral IV (Beyoncé was born on Sept. 4; Jay-Z on Dec. 4; they were married on April 4). Jay-Z, 38, has a matching tattoo on his left-hand ring finger.


Their wedding was small and intimate because Beyoncé is not a "traditional woman," she says, and didn't want the drama. "It's been my day so many days already," she told Essence.

Beyoncé, was certain she and Jay-Z would end up as husband and wife. "We've been together a long time," she says. "We always knew it would happen."

-Essence

Cute! I love the love, hope they stick together.

Have you heard Beyonces 2 new singles? I thought they weren't supposed to come out until next week because Michelle Williams (of Destineys Child) is releasing her new album today. Beyonce said she would push her music back a bit so as not to step on Michelle's toes, but I guess that's out the window. Tsk tsk, B! Let the other girls have some shine whydontcha'? Not that it would've helped anyway...

Click Here to listen to Beyonce's 2 new singles.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I don't like "all the Single Ladies" song.. but I love the "If I were a boy" song.