Friday, October 17, 2008

Project Runway Season 5 Finale



This was the first season of Project Runway that I watched, and I think I may be hooked.
Leanne Marshall won this cycle with an amazing collection inspired by waves.

I'm not a huge reality show buff, but when I do watch them, one of my fave things to do is bet on the winner in the first episode. I kicked ass with this when I used to watch ANTM.
But Leanne really snuck up on me, I didn't even begin to see her talent until maybe halfway through the season. In fact she has been selling her clothing online even before going on the show, and looking at her site, I find it to be the same underwhelming clothing that she created early in the season. It appears to me that she underwent a rapid growth spurt in her aesthetic during filming. Check out her website, Leanimal By the last 6-8 episodes, she really started to shine and distance herself from the pack, and I am proud to say that by then she was my favorite to win.
Korto's collection was excellent as well, and I would have been just as happy had she been the winner. However Leanne got my vote because nearly everything in her collection looked like something I would wear. In fact, when her line goes up for sale on Bluefly.com you can count on me to be there at least trying to get a piece from her line. I know they'll sell hotcakes! How do hotcakes sell anyway???

Check out the collections for yourself:






No comments: