Monday, September 8, 2008

Not So Straight Talk.

Hey chicas!
So this post is inspired by Alicia's compliment on my hair on Friday.
Thanks boo. :)
That day I got a wash and set at the Dominican spot downtown. This is what I like to do when I want to look a little special and not just straighten my hair. Pin straight hair is supposedly out this season; although I would like to warn you guys that when it comes to hairstyles it is ALWAYS best to go with what suits and frames your face and not whats "IN". With that said, I am one of those girls who realizes that the Rihanna pixie cut is a lovely hair-do for her but is a major don't for me . So I gotta stick with the long hair and make it work for me. It does get boring sometimes though. Getting a wash and set [without blowing it out] is a fantastic way to enjoy curls/waves that are shiny and bouncy. You don't necessarily have to go to the beauty salon to get this look though. When it's time to go out and I don't have the time to go to the salon I like to use hot curlers to add some some glamor to my look. Whenever I set my hair in rollers I tend to get tons of compliments too. Its best to use hot curlers on hair that's blown out but not super pin straight so that your hair will actually hold the curl. I'd recommend using the flat iron on you roots and almost half way but not all the way to the ends so that way you still have a sleek look. For long or very thick heavy hair go with the smaller curler - if your hair is shoulder length or shorter you can get away with using the jumbo curlers and still see some wave. Using hot curlers is a quick and easy way to spruce up your hair before going out. I use them in the morning before work sometimes and it only takes 10 minutes: 5 minutes to heat the curlers up and 5 minutes to leave the curlers in your hair.
The Conair Ion Shine Instant Heat Hair Setter pictured above are the ones that I use and they are only about $23 at amazon.com but I am due for an upgrade soon and might be getting the BaByliss Professional 30 Roller Set below for $79.95.
Whichever you choose to get should work just fine in changing your look though. Give them a shot if you haven't already.

No comments: